Sunday, February 19, 2012

Coming Up: Cellar Door Wine Festival


Last year I heard about it, this year I will actually visit it: the Cellar Door Wine Festival that will take place for the second time in the Adelaide Convention Centre in the middle of the CBD. Thanks to the generosity of the Drovers parents we will be so lucky to go and check out over 150 wineries from 12 different South Australian (SA) wine regions. That surely will be a great day out!

The event is mainly focused on all the beautiful wines that are being made in SA, but it will also be possible to taste and buy some regionally produced food at the Regional Farmers Market and of course there will be some dishes from the barbie (barbecue) for a snack in between of the many drops of wine...

I am very curious to find out what the so called 'Varietal View' feature area is exactly about, where it will be possible to sample wines based on variety and to learn more about the wines' qualities from a bunch of trained wine educators. As a 'new Australian' I still have lots to learn about the Australian wines, so this is definitely on my list of things to have a look at when around.

For those people that have a bit more to spend than I do it is possible to attend some very interesting Master Classes where you can learn the basics about wine tasting, an introduction to South Australian wines in particular, wine and cheese pairing, or even - how great that must be! - wine and chocolate pairing! What a shame I cannot make it there!

Heaps to see, do, learn and, most of all, taste! Can't wait to go and check this out. I will post about the event after I have been there to share my new Aussie wine discoveries.

The Cellar Door Wine Festival takes place from Friday 24 to Sunday 26 February 2012. For more information visit www.cellardoorwinefestivaladelaide.com.au

1 comment:

  1. This event should be good. I am planning to go as well. Hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete